A testimony to God’s abiding faithfulness, Maranatha Christian School celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2018. The beginnings of this school, however, started already in October of 1957 at a meeting of concerned parents from the Fergus Canadian Reformed Church. It was then decided that a school society should be started to provide Reformed Christian education.
The Lord has steadfastly blessed Maranatha. Maranatha Christian School can trace its beginnings in the “Saturday School” that commenced in 1960. Maranatha Christian School first opened its doors as a day school just outside Fergus with one teacher for 4 grades – grades 5, 6, 7, & 8 – in 1968. Increasing enrolment and addition of grades 1-4 required an addition in 1971 and subsequently a portable in 1974.
In 1986 a new building for Maranatha Christian School on Garafraxa Street was completed to accommodate the Lord’s continued blessing of parental support and growth in enrollment. This growth led to the birth of a new school in Guelph – Cornerstone Christian School!(http://guelphcornerstone.com) Maranatha Christian School is currently operating classes for Kindergarten to grade 8.
It is His doing; the Lord has been faithful on the small beginnings. We look to our covenant God for His continued blessings in the years to come.